The Arizona Cardinals announced a pair of roster moves Monday, as the team has re-signed tight end Darren Fells and added cornerback Shaun Prater on a 2016 future contract.
An exclusive rights free agent, the 6-foot-7, 281-pound Fells tallied a career high 21 catches for 311 yards and three touchdowns in 2015, while also notching four catches for 50 yards and one score in the playoffs. Fells originally joined the Cardinals in 2013 as a member of the practice squad, but has played in 24 games over the last two seasons, registering 26 catches for 382 yards and three touchdowns.
Prater is a 5-foot-10, 190-pound cornerback who played one game with Minnesota and three games with Indianapolis in 2015. He spent one week on the Denver Broncos’ active roster, too, and in all has appeared in 21 career games with six tackles, one interception and five special teams tackles. He entered the NFL as a fifth-round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals’ in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Iowa.
- ESPN panelists unanimously pick LA Rams to beat Cardinals in London
- FiveThirtyEight: Cardinals vs. Rams is NFL’s most pivotal game in Week 7
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals face Rams in London
- Focal points of Cardinals-Rams Week 7 matchup from the numbers
- Vinny and Skinny: Optimism surrounding Cardinals after big win