The Arizona Cardinals announced a pair of roster moves Monday, as the team has re-signed tight end Darren Fells and added cornerback Shaun Prater on a 2016 future contract.
An exclusive rights free agent, the 6-foot-7, 281-pound Fells tallied a career high 21 catches for 311 yards and three touchdowns in 2015, while also notching four catches for 50 yards and one score in the playoffs. Fells originally joined the Cardinals in 2013 as a member of the practice squad, but has played in 24 games over the last two seasons, registering 26 catches for 382 yards and three touchdowns.
Prater is a 5-foot-10, 190-pound cornerback who played one game with Minnesota and three games with Indianapolis in 2015. He spent one week on the Denver Broncos’ active roster, too, and in all has appeared in 21 career games with six tackles, one interception and five special teams tackles. He entered the NFL as a fifth-round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals’ in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Iowa.
- Dealing Cards: Counting on Kerwynn Williams in absence of Peterson
- Cardinals place Adrian Peterson on IR, claim C.J. Goodwin off waivers
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Baker, Bethea are full-speed and ready to go
- Week 15 NFL Injury Report: Arizona Cardinals at Washington Redskins
- Cardinals activate Aaron Brewer from injured reserve list