Patrick Peterson might want to get out of his quarterback competition commitment because once again he finds him on the losing end.
As for punishment, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback wore a T-rex outfit, and quarterback Carson Palmer made sure to push the embarrassing footage on his Instagram account to slip the video past the No Fun League’s strict gameday social media policies.
The NFL on ESPN account also posted a video of Peterson jogging around University of Phoenix Stadium prior to the Monday Night Football game against the New York Jets.
One can imagine Peterson won’t be as effective covering Jets receiver Brandon Marshall by wearing the T-rex outfit, but it’s fun to imagine. Do those dinosaurs have opposable thumbs? To be sure, they would find it difficult to wrap up on tackles with such short arms.
Excuse the alliteration but or this exercise we’re calling the Cardinals star Pachycephalosaurus Peterson.
Here is Carson Palmer’s footage of the video.
- Loss to Lions keeps Cardinals in competition to earn top NFL Draft pick
- Lions adapt to injury, game-plan hurdles in win over Cardinals
- Record-setting Larry Fitzgerald praises young WRs in loss to Lions
- The Arizona Cardinals aren’t just bad, they’re also unwatchable
- Cardinals follow win in Green Bay with ‘surprising’ flop vs. Lions