Patrick Peterson might want to get out of his quarterback competition commitment because once again he finds him on the losing end.
As for punishment, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback wore a T-rex outfit, and quarterback Carson Palmer made sure to push the embarrassing footage on his Instagram account to slip the video past the No Fun League’s strict gameday social media policies.
The NFL on ESPN account also posted a video of Peterson jogging around University of Phoenix Stadium prior to the Monday Night Football game against the New York Jets.
One can imagine Peterson won’t be as effective covering Jets receiver Brandon Marshall by wearing the T-rex outfit, but it’s fun to imagine. Do those dinosaurs have opposable thumbs? To be sure, they would find it difficult to wrap up on tackles with such short arms.
Excuse the alliteration but or this exercise we’re calling the Cardinals star Pachycephalosaurus Peterson.
Here is Carson Palmer’s footage of the video.
- PFF: Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson posted a career-low in targets
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Former Arizona Cardinals QB Mike Glennon signs with Oakland Raiders
- Pro Football Focus: Cardinals need to win the 2019 draft
- Chandler Jones visits local school as part of anti-bullying campaign