Patrick Peterson might want to get out of his quarterback competition commitment because once again he finds him on the losing end.
As for punishment, the Arizona Cardinals cornerback wore a T-rex outfit, and quarterback Carson Palmer made sure to push the embarrassing footage on his Instagram account to slip the video past the No Fun League’s strict gameday social media policies.
The NFL on ESPN account also posted a video of Peterson jogging around University of Phoenix Stadium prior to the Monday Night Football game against the New York Jets.
One can imagine Peterson won’t be as effective covering Jets receiver Brandon Marshall by wearing the T-rex outfit, but it’s fun to imagine. Do those dinosaurs have opposable thumbs? To be sure, they would find it difficult to wrap up on tackles with such short arms.
Excuse the alliteration but or this exercise we’re calling the Cardinals star Pachycephalosaurus Peterson.
Here is Carson Palmer’s footage of the video.
- Justin Pugh had to leave unlikely friendship to sign with Cardinals
- New Cardinals OL Justin Pugh talks college, Pat Tillman, West Coast
- Former Cardinals QB Matt Barkley signs with Bengals
- Free agent CB EJ Gaines visiting Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals free agent Jaron Brown agrees to one-year deal with Seattle