Twenty Years a ‘Yote: Shane Doan reflects on his NHL career, Part 1
This offseason, Arizona Coyotes veteran Shane Doan opted to return to hockey and the only team he’s known for a 20th go-round with the Coyotes franchise.
To reflect on the memories of his time in the desert, Arizona Sports’ Paige Dimakos sat down with the captain to talk about his career that’s spanned three decades.
In the first episode of a three-part series, Doan talks about his love for his adopted home, the loyalty he showed the Coyotes franchise — and vice versa — and his learning curve as an NHL player.
Now the elder-statesman on a team leaning on several first- and second-year pros, Doan shared his career advice for Arizona’s youngsters and also discussed the biggest change to the NHL game from the beginning of his career to 2016.
- Anthony Duclair has hat trick, Coyotes beat Senators in OT
- Coyotes’ Stepan hopes to step up production with more aggressive play
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- Coyotes beat Montreal in nine-goal thriller for third win of season
- ‘Yotes GM John Chayka more worried about the process than the standings