Twenty Years a ‘Yote: Shane Doan reflects on his NHL career, Part 1
This offseason, Arizona Coyotes veteran Shane Doan opted to return to hockey and the only team he’s known for a 20th go-round with the Coyotes franchise.
To reflect on the memories of his time in the desert, Arizona Sports’ Paige Dimakos sat down with the captain to talk about his career that’s spanned three decades.
In the first episode of a three-part series, Doan talks about his love for his adopted home, the loyalty he showed the Coyotes franchise — and vice versa — and his learning curve as an NHL player.
Now the elder-statesman on a team leaning on several first- and second-year pros, Doan shared his career advice for Arizona’s youngsters and also discussed the biggest change to the NHL game from the beginning of his career to 2016.
- Succession plan: Fischer could be Coyotes’ next great power forward
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet on Duclair’s departure: ‘It just didn’t click’
- Arizona Coyotes’ rally falls short against San Jose Sharks
- Coyotes’ Jordan Martinook wants to be more than a hard-working guy
- Coyotes’ 5 goals not enough in overtime loss to San Jose