Cardinals sign WR Jaron Brown to one-year extension
The Arizona Cardinals have added some certainty to what is otherwise a very uncertain wide receiver picture next season. AZ Central Sports’ Kent Somers reported Wednesday Jaron Brown signed a one-year contract extension the team wrote about it Thursday.
Brown suffered a torn ACL in the Arizona’s Week 7 tie vs. the Seahawks, but prior to that had caught 11 passes for 187 yards and one touchdown this season.
In four NFL seasons, the former undrafted rookie free agent out of Clemson has caught 55 passes for 700 yards and five touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Brown has carved out a role as a reliable option in the passing game as well as a key special teams player.
Locking up Brown was important because Michael Floyd is set to become a free agent, and though Larry Fitzgerald is signed through the 2018 season, there has been some doubt over whether or not his career will continue following this year.
- Dak Prescott offers reminder: Cards haven’t drafted QB of future
- Cardinals discuss protests, say their actions will be ‘unified’
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown