Cardinals promote Harlan Miller from practice squad, release Tharold Simon
The Arizona Cardinals tweaked their roster a bit Monday, releasing cornerback Tharold Simon while promoting rookie cornerback Harlan Miller from the practice squad.
Miller has spent the entire season on the Cardinals’ practice squad after being chosen in the sixth round of the 2016 Draft out of Southeastern Louisiana. The 6-foot, 182-pound player was a three-time first-team All-Southland Conference selection who tallied 11 interceptions and 34 passes defensed in 47 career games.
Simon, who the Cardinals claimed off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 14, appeared in nine games for the team, notching six tackles (including one on special teams).
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason