Bad operator crashes drone at Petco Park during Padres-Diamondbacks
— FOX Sports Arizona (@FOXSPORTSAZ) May 21, 2017
Just a month ago, the San Diego Padres helped push and pass a new set of drone flying regulations to improve safety.
On Sunday in the midst of the Diamondbacks’ visit to play the Padres at Petco Park, we learned why.
A drone was seen flying near the upper deck of the stadium before it crashed much too close to a couple of unaware bystanders.
Some idiot just crashed a drone into the upper level at Petco Park, almost hitting a fan. pic.twitter.com/OWGnqpID6K
— Clue Heywood (@ClueHeywood) May 21, 2017
FOX Sports Arizona later caught a fan dancing with the busted drone, and it’s a good bet the owner of the device won’t be getting it back.
Considering the safety issues, can’t say we feel sorry for their loss.
And with this story involving drones and baseball, the inevitable joke came up.
Last postseason, Cleveland Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer suffered a gruesome finger injury while tinkering with his own drone.
- D-backs explode early with 12 runs in 1st 2 innings of win over Texas
- D-backs’ Alex Young ‘not surprised’ after strong start at the majors
- D-backs must navigate trade deadline amidst crowded NL Wild Card picture
- Alex Young leads D-backs to win in Texas homecoming
- Eduardo Escobar named D-backs’ 2019 Heart and Hustle Award winner