D-backs prospect Yan Sanchez hits for cycle with Hillsboro Hops
Diamondbacks prospect Yan Sanchez hit for the first cycle in Hillsboro Hops history Wednesday.
The 20-year-old leadoff man singled to begin the game, homered his second at-bat, walked his third and struck out his fifth. He then tripled in the seventh frame and doubled in the eighth as the D-backs’ Single-A affiliate put it on the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.
Hillsboro took the game, 17-2, as Sanchez, a shortstop, finished 4-for-6. He scored two runs and had two RBI.
Teammate Daulton Varsho, the D-backs’ No. 68 overall pick in this year’s MLB Draft, statistically put together a better night.
The power-hitting catcher out of Wisconsin-Milwaukee went 5-for-6 with five RBI to lead the Hops and fell a triple short of a cycle himself.
Meanwhile, Hillsboro set franchise records with the 17 runs and 25 hits.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Christian Walker heating up in Reno
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Cron, Payamps and Peacock dominating
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Kevin Cron wreaking havoc in PCL
- ESPN: Visalia’s Daulton Varsho a ‘breakout’ prospect for Diamondbacks
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Ray, Delgado getting closer to MLB returns