Valley teams reach out to Sen. John McCain following cancer diagnosis
Several Arizona sports organizations reached out to Arizona Sen. John McCain Wednesday after it was revealed he was diagnosed with brain cancer.
McCain is known for being a huge sports fan, as shown by the photos shared by some of the Valley’s teams wishing him well.
McCain’s love, in particular, for the Arizona Diamondbacks even made headlines in June when he joked after a hearing for fired FBI Director James Comey that one of his vices might have led to some of the confusion regarding what he asked Comey.
“Maybe going forward I shouldn’t stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games,” the noted D-backs fan said.
A statement from McCain said he “appreciates the outpouring of support he has received over the last few days. He is in good spirits as he continues to recover at home with his family in Arizona.”
- D-backs make five roster moves, send Socrates Brito to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Portillo’s and Dutch Bros join food options for D-backs at Chase Field
- Tai’s Taco truck hands out free tacos courtesy of D-backs’ Walker