D-backs Single-A affiliate to give away ‘Wayne’s World’ bobblehead
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Class-A affiliate Kane County Cougars planned to give away 1,500 “Wayne’s World” bobbleheads on Thursday.
The bobbleheads are geographically appropriate, since the Cougars — who play just outside of Chicago — happen to be in the same area as the setting of the movie Wayne’s World, which took place in Aurora, Illinois. The comedy starred Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, two knuckleheads who host a public access television show.
As Myers and Carvey famously say in the movie: “Party on.”
- Illinois hires former Arizona co-offensive coordinator Rod Smith
- No. 14 Arizona overcomes slow start, runs past Cal
- ‘It’s a historical day’: UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- University of Arizona hires Kevin Sumlin as head football coach
- Holder, Trier and Ayton make midseason top 25 Wooden Award list