Northern Arizona leads Big Sky after 45-31 win over UC Davis
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Cory Young and Joe Logan each ran for two touchdowns as Northern Arizona took over the top spot in the Big Sky Conference with a 45-31 win over UC Davis Saturday night.
The Lumberjacks (5-2, 4-0 Big Sky) are the only team without a conference loss following Eastern Washington’s 46-28 loss at Southern Utah.
NAU took control in the second quarter with four unanswered touchdowns. Young scored on runs of 43 and four yards for a 14-7 lead and Case Cookus added touchdown passes to Elijah Marks and Hunter Burton.
Logan scored from a yard out to push the NAU lead to 35-7 early in the second half before the Aggies got a 100-yard kick-off return for a touchdown by Namane Modise to kickstart a 17-point third quarter comeback to cut their deficit to 11, 35-24.
The running back also scored from the two-yard line to make it 45-24 in the fourth quarter.
- NCAA’s NIL era arrives, some athletes are ready to cash in
- Suns surprise Central High School student with scholarship to NAU
- Arizona and Northern Arizona reach 10-year scheduling deal
- NAU basketball falls to UC Riverside in home opener
- Big Sky reveals Northern Arizona’s 6-game spring football schedule