Diamondbacks announce 2018 minor league and development staff
The Arizona Diamondbacks have finalized their player development staff for the 2018 season.
Leading the department is Mike Bell, who enters his 11th season with the franchise and begins his second season with the title of Vice President of Player Development.
Taking new positions are field coordinator J.R. House, assistant director of player development Josh Barfield and assistant for player development Peter Bransfield.
Notably, Triple-A Reno manager Greg Gross returns for his second season on the job, while Double-A Jackson brings on first-year manager Shelley Duncan.
Joe Mather will step into a new role as manager of Single-A Visalia, while Blake Lalli does the same in Single-A Kane County.
There are no changes to the Diamondbacks’ minor league affiliations from last season, including the Triple-A Reno Aces, Double-A Jackson Generals, Single-A Kane County, Single-A Visalia, Short-Season Single-A Hillsboro Hops and Rookie-Advanced Missoula Osprey.
- Rosenthal: Cubs in pursuit of D-backs free agent Daniel Descalso
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- D-backs select RHP Nick Green of Yankees in Rule 5 Draft
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’
- Report: D-backs eyeing Jackie Bradley Jr. as potential Pollock replacement