Arizona Sports Bracket Boss update: It’s not pretty
The first weekend of the NCAA Tournament brought many memorable moments.
For the first time, we saw a 16-seed top a 1-seed when UMBC crushed Virginia Friday night.
We saw comebacks and buzzer beaters and, for whatever reason, a lot of shots of crying kids in the seats after their teams were eliminated from contention.
We’ve also seen havoc in the brackets. As the field got pared down to 16 teams, many of our Arizona Sports Bracket Boss competitors have seen their brackets, well, nearly destroyed.
After the tournament’s first 52 games, Dave Burns of Burns & Gambo leads the VIP standings with 43 points. Burnsy had a nearly-perfect right side of the bracket, missing only three games through the weekend. Of all 1,688 competitors that filled out brackets in this year’s competition, Burns ranks 14th overall heading into Thursday’s action.
That’s the good news.
The bad news is, he’s only got one Final Four team remaining alive in the Villanova Wildcats.
Ron Wolfley of Doug & Wolf is in very good shape, tied with Burns at 43 points. Wolf correctly predicted nine of the Sweet 16 participants and has Villanova and Duke alive as Final Four teams.
1. Doug & Wolf – 81 points
2. Burns & Gambo – 80 points
T3. The Blitz – 74 points
T3. The Rundown – 74 points
5. Bickley & Marotta – 70 points
- Ball and Oats: ASU’s Hurley to face former team, assistant in tourney
- With First Four win over St. John’s, ASU conquered a defining moment
- Hurley, Mullin coaching matchup features college basketball legends
- How to watch ASU vs. St. John’s in the NCAA Tournament First Four
- NCAA Tournament experience transcends other sporting events