Anonymous evaluator reveals his Deandre Ayton scouting report
There is a fun and healthy debate going on about who the Suns should take at No. 1: Deandre Ayton or Luka Doncic.
To me, it is a no-brainer because Ayton is a man-child who is the only can’t-fail prospect in this draft.
At 7-foot and 260 pounds, he can impact the game at both ends of the floor and rim-protect like no other. He is not LeBron James or Tim Duncan, but he is an immediate impact player.
As for Doncic, I am extremely impressed from what I have seen on video of him, but for anyone who has listened to the show for any extended period of time knows, I get a lot of my information from working the phones and talking to some of the top NBA people in the game.
I have already shared my scouting report on Doncic that I received a few weeks ago. Since the report went up, I’ve had several people asking for a similar report on Ayton from what I’m hearing.
With that in mind, here is what my anonymous scout has to say on the potential top pick out of Arizona.
Deandre Ayton scouting report
– NBA body
– Better than Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon were at the same age
– Dominant rebounder
– Great scoring instincts around the rim
– Not a shot blocker
– Handcuffed at Arizona by playing without a true point guard and with another big
– Arizona didn’t know how to use him properly
– Very skilled, very mobile
– Uses both hands extremely well
– Can’t-fail prospect
– Needs better spatial awareness
– Needs to work on moving his feet defensively on switches