Cardinals honor kitchen staffer ahead of deployment with National Guard
Kitchen staff worker Leo Longoria received quite the send off from the Arizona Cardinals’ organization ahead of his deployment with the Arizona Army National Guard.
Specialist Leo Longoria is an integral member of the Cardinals kitchen staff and in the Arizona Army National Guard. He is being deployed this evening. This morning, he thought he was stopping by Cards HQ to bid farewell to his coworkers. The team had something else in mind. pic.twitter.com/PuhQrCkauV
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) June 12, 2018
“Gotcha!” Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill said to Longoria after all the Cardinals players had left.
Leo was expecting to just say goodbye to his fellow kitchen employees when all of the members of the Cardinals football team, including star wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, surprised him with a rousing send off.
Head coach Steve Wilks presented Longoria with some camo-colored Cardinals attire including a new hat.
“It shows I have a caring place where I work,” said Longoria. “Seeing all the guys out there and going through all that, that was awesome. It warmed my heart, best way to put it.”
- Cardinals’ Bidwill, Keim and Kingsbury not at Murray’s pro day
- Michael Bidwill: Cardinals will continue leaning over their ski tips
- Cardinals CB Peterson excited to get back to press coverage
- Cardinals’ Michael Bidwill to receive Paul Tagliabue Award
- Former Cardinals coach Steve Wilks hired as Browns DC