Arizona Diamondbacks named Defensive Team of the Year
The Arizona Diamondbacks received a team accolade on Wednesday, being named Wilson Defensive Team of the Year.
At the 2018 Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards, the D-backs took home the award along with one of their pitchers.
Zack Greinke was named the Defensive Player of the Year among pitchers, his second time winning the award. He also received the honor in 2016.
As for the D-backs, this was their second time winning the team award. Their first was in 2015.
The awards from Wilson are determined using a formula of defensive stats and advanced metrics while also incorporating data from scouting services.
The wins on Wednesday piled on a good week for the D-backs that included Gold Glove wins for Greinke and shortstop Nick Ahmed.
- Report: Diamondbacks check in on reliever Craig Stammen
- D-backs set to play first-ever regular-season MLB games in Mexico
- D-backs have shown interest in Japanese outfielder Shogo Akiyama
- D-backs reportedly checked in on Madison Bumgarner, offer seen as light
- Diamondbacks sign RHP Junior Guerra to 1-year deal