Arizona Diamondbacks named Defensive Team of the Year
The Arizona Diamondbacks received a team accolade on Wednesday, being named Wilson Defensive Team of the Year.
At the 2018 Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards, the D-backs took home the award along with one of their pitchers.
Zack Greinke was named the Defensive Player of the Year among pitchers, his second time winning the award. He also received the honor in 2016.
As for the D-backs, this was their second time winning the team award. Their first was in 2015.
The awards from Wilson are determined using a formula of defensive stats and advanced metrics while also incorporating data from scouting services.
The wins on Wednesday piled on a good week for the D-backs that included Gold Glove wins for Greinke and shortstop Nick Ahmed.
- The 5: Questions ahead of Arizona Diamondbacks’ offseason
- D-backs GM Mike Hazen doesn’t anticipate ‘major’ overhaul to team
- Defining Ketel Marte’s role will help shape D-backs’ offseason plans
- D-backs inspire little confidence with befuddling remarks to close season
- Manager Torey Lovullo owns up to toughest season in his D-backs tenure