NAU football game against Sac State canceled due to wild fires
Northern Arizona University football’s road game against Sacramento State will not be played on Saturday due to poor air quality from nearby wild fires, the school announced.
The schools are discussing moving the game to a different venue or date, the school said.
NAU (3-6, 2-4) and Sacramento State (2-7, 0-6) were supposed to get underway at 7 p.m.
Tonight’s football game between Sacramento State and Northern Arizona has been cancelled due to poor air quality.
More information will follow.
— Sac State Football (@SacHornetsFB) November 10, 2018
Wild fires have ravaged throughout California all week.
The Lumberjacks — pending the reschedule of this game — will close out the 2018 season next Saturday against North Dakota at 2:30 p.m.
- Arizona high school football recruits still committing amid coronavirus
- ‘I stand for what is right’: Cardinals’ Murray will kneel during anthem
- College Football Hall of Fame ballot includes 4 from ASU, 1 from NAU
- ASU lands 3-star tight end commit from Wisconsin for 2021
- Arizona, Alabama schedule home-and-home football series for 2032-33