Former ASU receiver Rashad Ross shining with Arizona Hotshots
It’s been a rough go recently for the Arizona Hotshots, but former ASU receiver Rashad Ross has continued his strong performances.
Ross caught his sixth touchdown of the season in Sunday’s 29-25 loss to the San Antonio Commanders, the Hotshots’ third loss in a row.
— Arizona Hotshots (@aafhotshots) March 11, 2019
The six touchdowns is the most in the AAF this season and no other receiver in the league has more than two receiving touchdowns.
The key to Ross’ success? His speed.
Ross is averaging almost 17 yards per catch, the sixth-most for receivers who have at least 10 receptions on the season.
The touchdown against the Commanders went for 45 yards.
It’s not a surprise Ross is succeeding in the AAF.
He’s had several stints with NFL teams and is playing at his college home, Sun Devil Stadium.
Ross had 864 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in his two seasons with ASU in 2011 and 2012.
The Hotshots (2-3) will look to break their losing streak next Saturday against Orlando.
- A look at the Arizona ties of the XFL with Saturday’s kickoff on horizon
- Former Hotshot WR Rashad Ross reportedly to sign with Panthers
- AAF, Arizona Hotshots cease football operations
- Former ASU receiver Rashad Ross continues to shine with Hotshots
- Arizona Hotshots defeat San Diego for second straight win