Suns’ Devin Booker hits 45 consecutive 3-pointers in practice
Devin Booker’s impressive three-point display in a practice session in Charlotte, N.C., was significant enough to get national attention and become a featured sports “moment” on Twitter.
Even Sports Illustrated shared the video, which originally was tweeted by the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night. It shows Booker receiving passes from someone out-of-frame and then draining them from beyond the arc in the right corner, while an unidentified voice counts the buckets aloud. He sank 45 in a row.
Teammates Ricky Rubio, Tyler Johnson and Ty Jerome looked on.
The Suns (8-10) were in Charlotte to play the Hornets (8-13) on Monday night at 5 p.m. on ESPN 620 AM.
Booker’s career-high for three-pointers made in a game is six, which he’s done 11 times over five seasons. During his famed 70-point game against the Celtics in March of 2017, Booker hit four three-pointers.
This season, the 23-year-old is shooting a career-high 41.9% from three and a career-high 51.0% from the field. He’s averaging 24.5 points per game to go with 6.3 assists and 3.7 rebounds.
- The 5: Big questions for Deandre Ayton’s return from suspension
- Suns stabilize, get much-needed decisive win against Timberwolves
- Suns unable to sustain first quarter momentum in loss to Rockets
- Kokoskov on Suns taking Ayton over Doncic: ‘I’m sleeping peacefully’
- Devin Booker’s 44-point outing might cost pro gamer Cloakzy his eyebrow