Trivia Tuesday: Pitchers with 300 or more Ks in a single season
Some people complain that baseball has become nothing but home runs and strikeouts.
That’s a stretch, but both things get fans’ attention.
They’re both glamour stats.
And despite the fact that strikeouts are everywhere, only 33 times has a pitcher struck out 300 or more since the beginning of baseball’s Expansion Era (which started in 1961).
Guess what? Your Trivia Tuesday challenge this week is to name the pitchers responsible for these seasons.
We’ve given you the year, the team each pitcher did it for and the number of Ks they racked up — all you have to do is name the pitcher.
We’ve also given you six minutes to complete this challenge.
- Trivia Tuesday: Biggest rushing games on Monday Night Football
- Los Angeles Dodgers force NLCS Game 7 with win over Atlanta Braves
- Trivia Tuesday: MLB franchise HR leaders over last five seasons
- MLB to allow fans at World Series, NLCS in Arlington
- Trivia Tuesday: Major League Baseball batting title winners from 2000-20