PHOENIX SUNS

Oddsmaker has Phoenix Suns as heavy favorites to win NBA Finals

Jul 1, 2021, 9:44 AM
Phoenix Suns' Devin Booker, left, celebrates with Suns owner Robert Sarver, center, as time runs ou...

Phoenix Suns' Devin Booker, left, celebrates with Suns owner Robert Sarver, center, as time runs out in Game 6 of the NBA basketball Western Conference Finals against the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday, June 30, 2021, in Los Angeles. The Suns won the game 130-103 to take the series 4-2. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

The Suns are headed to the NBA Finals, and one oddsmaker is already favoring Phoenix to take home the Larry O’Brien Trophy.

SportsBetting.ag has Phoenix as the biggest title favorite this entire season at -240.

That’s well above the Milwaukee Bucks at +325 and Atlanta Hawks at +575, who are still battling it out in the Eastern Conference Finals. Entering play Thursday, the series is tied 2-2.

The Suns put an exclamation mark on their Western Conference Finals series on Wednesday night, clinching a spot in the Finals with a 130-103 beatdown of the Los Angeles Clippers. Chris Paul led all scorers with 41 points to go along with eight assists, four rebounds and three steals over 35 minutes of action.

The betting site isn’t the only entity believing the Suns have what it takes. FiveThirtyEight gave Phoenix a 72% chance to win the championship in its updated predictions. The Bucks sit with the second-best chance at 23%, followed by the Hawks at 5%.

As for whom the Suns will be facing, SportsBetting.ag has the Bucks as favorites to head to the NBA Finals at -125, while the Hawks are +105. Milwaukee is favored despite Giannis Antetokounmpo’s status being up in the air for Game 5 and beyond.

The All-Star hyperextended his left knee against the Atlanta Hawks in Game 4 but reportedly avoided serious injury.

He’s not the only player hobbled in the series, however, as Hawks guard Trae Young (bone bruise in right ankle) and Clint Capela (right eye inflammation) are also dealing with injuries.

Comments

Comment guidelines: No name-calling, personal attacks, profanity, or insults. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate comments by reporting abuse.
comments powered by Disqus

Phoenix Suns

Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker, left, goes up for a basket as Denver Nuggets forward Will Barton d...
Kellan Olson

Suns treating opener against Nuggets like Game 1 despite last season’s sweep

The Phoenix Suns are not going to get ahead of themselves in the season opener against the Denver Nuggets despite sweeping them last year.
16 hours ago
Chris Paul #3 of the Phoenix Suns handles the ball under pressure from Rajon Rondo #4 of the Los An...
Arizona Sports

Setting expectations: Arizona Sports roundtable predicts win total for Suns

At the beginning of last year, it was assumed expected the Suns would make the playoffs. Now, it's about challenging for the conference.
16 hours ago
Phoenix Suns forward Chandler Hutchison (35) passes as Portland Trail Blazers forward Larry Nance J...
Nicholas Hodell

Phoenix Suns have top-6 odds to win 2021-22 NBA championship

Oddsmakers at FanDuel are expecting the Phoenix Suns to be right in the mix for another NBA championship in 2021-22.
16 hours ago
Landry Shamet #14 of the Phoenix Suns handles the ball during the NBA preseason game at Footprint C...
Arizona Sports

Landry Shamet already feeling right at home with Suns

Landry Shamet has not played for the Suns yet, so that made it somewhat of a surprise that he was inked to a four-year contract extension.
16 hours ago
Phoenix Suns' Chris Paul (3) talks with Devin Booker (1) during the first half of Game 3 of basketb...
Kellan Olson

Empire of the Suns: Picking Phoenix’s MVP, MIP and biggest concern

Here are a few key questions for the Phoenix Suns as they attempt to make another deep playoff run.
2 days ago
Phoenix Suns interim GM James Jones sits during an interview with The Doug & Wolf Show on 98.7 ...
Wills Rice

Suns GM James Jones: Deandre Ayton wanted 5-year max, nothing less

Suns GM James Jones said that the team and center Deandre Ayton did not have real negotiations in regards to the rookie max extension.
2 days ago
Oddsmaker has Phoenix Suns as heavy favorites to win NBA Finals