Just getting the chance to meet your favorite athlete would be an incredible birthday present for most sports fans.
But Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly took that wish one step further for Jessica Hayes.
The 21-year-old Panthers fan with cerebral palsy, autism and cortical blindness wanted nothing more for her birthday than to meet Kuechly, her favorite player, and give him a hug.
So when the Charlotte-based charity, Dream on 3 — an organization that helps grant local sports wishes to sick children — told him that and asked him if he would be her date for her 21st birthday party, Kuechly said yes without hesitation.
The night was captured on video by WBTV in Charlotte, when Kuechly said:
“I just like to think of myself as a normal guy,” Kuechly said. “But if I can go down there and make her happy for her birthday, makes it fun and worth it.”
- Cardinals will target QB Kirk Cousins, OG Andrew Norwell in free agency
- Cardinals sign CB Lou Young to one-year contract
- Arizona Cardinals new head coach Steve Wilks’ resume: By the numbers
- Report: New Cardinals HC Steve Wilks expected to hire Al Holcomb as DC
- Patrick Peterson appears to love the Cardinals’ expected hire of Steve Wilks