LAS VEGAS — Joshua Braun scored 20 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer with 27 seconds left, and Grand Canyon held off a second-half surge by Marshall to win the Global Sports Classic championship 85-81 on Tuesday night.
De’Andre Davis scored 17 points and Grandy Glaze and Dominic Magee added 10 apiece for the Antelopes (11-2), who made 20 of 29 free throws.
Down by seven at halftime, Marshall rallied to take a 66-60 lead after Stevie Browning hit a 3 amid a 9-0 run. Davis tied it at 72 with a free throw with 4:57 to play, but Marshall led 79-75 after a layup by James Kelly.
Braun hit back-to-back 3s to put the Antelopes up 83-81, and Glaze and Matt Jackson each added a free throw. Kelly missed a 3 with seven seconds left.
Austin Loop scored 20 for Marshall (4-8). Browning and Kelly had 17 apiece, and Ryan Taylor added 10.
- GCU’s Russell carried off, returns after injury scare in win vs. San Diego Christian
- Former Suns assistant Dan D’Antoni hilariously explains the importance of analytics
- Whoops! SI.com picks ineligible Grand Canyon to make NCAA tourney
- GCU basketball beats Houston, adds another big win
- Grand Canyon basketball earns signature win at San Diego State