David Johnson’s stellar performance in primetime last week earned him the FedEx Ground Player of the Week honors for Week 15.
Johnson had his coming out party, rushing for 187 yards and three touchdowns.
After not rushing for more than 42 yards in a game all season, Johnson has taken advantage of injuries to Andre Ellington and Chris Johnson, rushing for at least 90 yards in the past three games.
The 2015 third-round pick out of Northern Iowa is starting to become well-known and breaking off runs similar to those of Marshawn Lynch will certainly help the cause.
The FedEx Ground Player of the Week is a weekly NFL award given out to both the Air and Ground Player of the Week in honor of Super Bowl 50.
The winners will have FedEx make a $2,000 donation in their name to the American Red Cross. Johnson was up against New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings and Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue.
Ben Roethlisberger was the Air Player of the Week in Week 15. Carson Palmer has not won the award yet this season, but has been nominated three times for his performances in Weeks 1, 8 and 10.
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- PFF: Budda Baker highest graded safety in Week 11
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals host Calais Campbell, first place Jaguars
- Cardinals OC Goodwin: Gabbert, Seals-Jones have a lot of upside