The Arizona Diamondbacks, in need of some fresh arms in the bullpen, selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Matt Buschmann from Triple-A Reno on Friday. In a corresponding move, the team designated pitcher Kyle Drabek for assignment.
The 32-year-old Buschmann went 8-10 with a 4.08 ERA in 23 starts last season for Triple-A Durham, Triple-A Louisville and Triple-A Norfolk. He signed with the D-backs as a minor league free agent on Dec. 11, 2015.
Drabek, 28, allowed one run on one hit with four walks in two innings Thursday night against the Chicago Cubs.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors