The Arizona Diamondbacks, in need of some fresh arms in the bullpen, selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Matt Buschmann from Triple-A Reno on Friday. In a corresponding move, the team designated pitcher Kyle Drabek for assignment.
The 32-year-old Buschmann went 8-10 with a 4.08 ERA in 23 starts last season for Triple-A Durham, Triple-A Louisville and Triple-A Norfolk. He signed with the D-backs as a minor league free agent on Dec. 11, 2015.
Drabek, 28, allowed one run on one hit with four walks in two innings Thursday night against the Chicago Cubs.
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good