The Arizona Diamondbacks, in need of some fresh arms in the bullpen, selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Matt Buschmann from Triple-A Reno on Friday. In a corresponding move, the team designated pitcher Kyle Drabek for assignment.
The 32-year-old Buschmann went 8-10 with a 4.08 ERA in 23 starts last season for Triple-A Durham, Triple-A Louisville and Triple-A Norfolk. He signed with the D-backs as a minor league free agent on Dec. 11, 2015.
Drabek, 28, allowed one run on one hit with four walks in two innings Thursday night against the Chicago Cubs.
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration