The Arizona Diamondbacks announced that outfielder A.J. Pollock will join Triple-A Reno after spending time with Class A Advanced Visalia.
Pollock went 7-for-16 in six games during his time with Visalia, and also appeared in two games for the Diamondbacks’ rookie Arizona League team.
D-backs manager Chip Hale told reporters that Pollock will start seeing more playing time in the outfield during his time in Reno, and see how playing full nine inning games will feel like for him.
Steve Gilbert, D-backs beat writer for MLB.com, reports that the team could activate him in about a week if all goes well in Reno.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history