Ice Bites: Coyotes need to use win over Kings as launching pad
And while the win was likely the best all-around game the Coyotes have put together this season, it's no time to take their foot off the gas pedal. It's time to run with the momentum and keep themselves relevant in the postseason conversation.
The team is currently a few points out of a playoff spot and only has five games before the Olympic break. Things certainly won't get easier in a tight Western Conference race after Sochi, so the Coyotes should use Tuesday's big win to get the ball rolling and claim the eighth spot before everyone's eyes turn to Russia next week.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Coyotes poised to hit the reset button after losing identity
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.