Updated Nov 23, 2011 - 10:41 am
Leinart says he 'didn't know how to prepare' in Arizona
Released by the team just before the 2010 season, Leinart signed with the Houston Texans -- and re-signed with them in the offseason -- and is now set to start for the team in place of the injured Matt Schaub.
As a guest on the Sirius XM Blitz, the 28-year-old admitted he had some things to learn before he could be successful.
"I was young and I didn't know how to prepare," he said. "I've always worked hard...I just maybe haven't shown it in all different ways."
Leinart said getting injured in 2007 forced him to to learn what he had to do to be a good player in the NFL, and backing up a certain future Hall of Famer wasn't a bad thing, either.
"I was very fortunate to learn from Kurt [Warner], to play behind him and learn from him," he said.
Cardinals fans never really got a chance to see what Leinart learned in his time with the team, but everyone will have a chance to finally see what the former Heisman Trophy winner can do.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.