Updated Nov 23, 2011 - 10:41 am
Leinart says he 'didn't know how to prepare' in Arizona
Released by the team just before the 2010 season, Leinart signed with the Houston Texans -- and re-signed with them in the offseason -- and is now set to start for the team in place of the injured Matt Schaub.
As a guest on the Sirius XM Blitz, the 28-year-old admitted he had some things to learn before he could be successful.
"I was young and I didn't know how to prepare," he said. "I've always worked hard...I just maybe haven't shown it in all different ways."
Leinart said getting injured in 2007 forced him to to learn what he had to do to be a good player in the NFL, and backing up a certain future Hall of Famer wasn't a bad thing, either.
"I was very fortunate to learn from Kurt [Warner], to play behind him and learn from him," he said.
Cardinals fans never really got a chance to see what Leinart learned in his time with the team, but everyone will have a chance to finally see what the former Heisman Trophy winner can do.
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.