Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm
Kolb practices, but doesn't feel 'normal'
"I feel alright, I wouldn't say normal, but I got a few more reps today and felt pretty good throughout practice," Kolb said. "I felt better today on the field than I felt all of last week."
The Cardinals aren't exactly panicking, though. John Skelton has been more than adequate as Kolb's understudy, going 4-1 as a starter, and 1-0 as a reliever. Skelton played all but three snaps in the game after Kolb's injury.
"We were about even on reps," Skelton said. "Whoever is going to play is going to need to get more reps.
"Really what it comes down to is whoever's out there, whether it's me or Kevin, being able to see everything and then if you're not in, you're really the one getting the mental reps."
What does Kolb think about the growing sentiment that Skelton should start against the Bengals?
"Everybody's entitled to their own opinion," Kolb said. "All I can do is come to work every day and work and do my best to prove I need to be out there. I like being a part of this team, and I like the direction we're going."
The Cardinals play the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.