Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm
Kolb practices, but doesn't feel 'normal'
"I feel alright, I wouldn't say normal, but I got a few more reps today and felt pretty good throughout practice," Kolb said. "I felt better today on the field than I felt all of last week."
The Cardinals aren't exactly panicking, though. John Skelton has been more than adequate as Kolb's understudy, going 4-1 as a starter, and 1-0 as a reliever. Skelton played all but three snaps in the game after Kolb's injury.
"We were about even on reps," Skelton said. "Whoever is going to play is going to need to get more reps.
"Really what it comes down to is whoever's out there, whether it's me or Kevin, being able to see everything and then if you're not in, you're really the one getting the mental reps."
What does Kolb think about the growing sentiment that Skelton should start against the Bengals?
"Everybody's entitled to their own opinion," Kolb said. "All I can do is come to work every day and work and do my best to prove I need to be out there. I like being a part of this team, and I like the direction we're going."
The Cardinals play the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.