Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm
Kolb practices, but doesn't feel 'normal'
"I feel alright, I wouldn't say normal, but I got a few more reps today and felt pretty good throughout practice," Kolb said. "I felt better today on the field than I felt all of last week."
The Cardinals aren't exactly panicking, though. John Skelton has been more than adequate as Kolb's understudy, going 4-1 as a starter, and 1-0 as a reliever. Skelton played all but three snaps in the game after Kolb's injury.
"We were about even on reps," Skelton said. "Whoever is going to play is going to need to get more reps.
"Really what it comes down to is whoever's out there, whether it's me or Kevin, being able to see everything and then if you're not in, you're really the one getting the mental reps."
What does Kolb think about the growing sentiment that Skelton should start against the Bengals?
"Everybody's entitled to their own opinion," Kolb said. "All I can do is come to work every day and work and do my best to prove I need to be out there. I like being a part of this team, and I like the direction we're going."
The Cardinals play the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.