Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm
Kolb practices, but doesn't feel 'normal'
"I feel alright, I wouldn't say normal, but I got a few more reps today and felt pretty good throughout practice," Kolb said. "I felt better today on the field than I felt all of last week."
The Cardinals aren't exactly panicking, though. John Skelton has been more than adequate as Kolb's understudy, going 4-1 as a starter, and 1-0 as a reliever. Skelton played all but three snaps in the game after Kolb's injury.
"We were about even on reps," Skelton said. "Whoever is going to play is going to need to get more reps.
"Really what it comes down to is whoever's out there, whether it's me or Kevin, being able to see everything and then if you're not in, you're really the one getting the mental reps."
What does Kolb think about the growing sentiment that Skelton should start against the Bengals?
"Everybody's entitled to their own opinion," Kolb said. "All I can do is come to work every day and work and do my best to prove I need to be out there. I like being a part of this team, and I like the direction we're going."
The Cardinals play the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?