Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 3:10 pm
Kolb practices, but doesn't feel 'normal'
"I feel alright, I wouldn't say normal, but I got a few more reps today and felt pretty good throughout practice," Kolb said. "I felt better today on the field than I felt all of last week."
The Cardinals aren't exactly panicking, though. John Skelton has been more than adequate as Kolb's understudy, going 4-1 as a starter, and 1-0 as a reliever. Skelton played all but three snaps in the game after Kolb's injury.
"We were about even on reps," Skelton said. "Whoever is going to play is going to need to get more reps.
"Really what it comes down to is whoever's out there, whether it's me or Kevin, being able to see everything and then if you're not in, you're really the one getting the mental reps."
What does Kolb think about the growing sentiment that Skelton should start against the Bengals?
"Everybody's entitled to their own opinion," Kolb said. "All I can do is come to work every day and work and do my best to prove I need to be out there. I like being a part of this team, and I like the direction we're going."
The Cardinals play the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.