Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 10:50 pm
Richard Marshall departs for Miami
Marshall broke the news on his Twitter page Wednesday, a day after his visit with the Dolphins.
Just agreed with the dolphins on a 3 yr deal they made me stay in Miami lol— Richard Marshall (@TheMarshall31) March 15, 2012
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Marshall's three-year deal with the Dolphins is worth $16 million.
The Arizona Cardinals initially expressed interest in re- signing Marshall, but when given the chance to counter Miami's offer, the team passed.
Marshall provided great flexibility and depth to the Cardinals' secondary. The 27-year-old veteran's departure is a significant blow to a much improved pass defense last season. He started nine games and nabbed four interceptions for the Cardinals in 2011.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.