Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 10:50 pm
Richard Marshall departs for Miami
Marshall broke the news on his Twitter page Wednesday, a day after his visit with the Dolphins.
Just agreed with the dolphins on a 3 yr deal they made me stay in Miami lol— Richard Marshall (@TheMarshall31) March 15, 2012
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Marshall's three-year deal with the Dolphins is worth $16 million.
The Arizona Cardinals initially expressed interest in re- signing Marshall, but when given the chance to counter Miami's offer, the team passed.
Marshall provided great flexibility and depth to the Cardinals' secondary. The 27-year-old veteran's departure is a significant blow to a much improved pass defense last season. He started nine games and nabbed four interceptions for the Cardinals in 2011.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.