Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 10:50 pm
Richard Marshall departs for Miami
Marshall broke the news on his Twitter page Wednesday, a day after his visit with the Dolphins.
Just agreed with the dolphins on a 3 yr deal they made me stay in Miami lol— Richard Marshall (@TheMarshall31) March 15, 2012
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Marshall's three-year deal with the Dolphins is worth $16 million.
The Arizona Cardinals initially expressed interest in re- signing Marshall, but when given the chance to counter Miami's offer, the team passed.
Marshall provided great flexibility and depth to the Cardinals' secondary. The 27-year-old veteran's departure is a significant blow to a much improved pass defense last season. He started nine games and nabbed four interceptions for the Cardinals in 2011.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals wrap up preseason with some telling stats: By The Numbers
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.