Updated Oct 19, 2012 - 4:22 pm
Cardinals return to Minnesota looking for different result
They lost the game by a score of 34-10, and it wasn't even that close.
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson scored three touchdowns -- all in the first quarter -- and the home team went into the half with a 28-3 advantage.
Needless to say, the Cardinals know the importance of getting off to a fast start Sunday. They remember what happened the last time they failed to do so at the Metrodome, though Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt says last year's loss doesn't matter save for the fact that his team must play better this time around.
"This is a different year, different team," he said. "Motivation should be that we're playing against a good football team on the road, so we've got to go in there and play well, there's no question about it."
The Vikings, though, represent a bit of a different challenge this time around. Christian Ponder is the quarterback, Adrian Peterson is recovering from injury, and Percy Harvin is the centerpiece of the team's offense.
That -- along with simply the need for a win -- should be enough to get the Cardinals fired up for this game.
Even still, this game does carry a little extra motivation for linebacker Daryl Washington, who remembers last season's loss quite well.
"It was my birthday last year, so I take it more personal than maybe the other guys," he said.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.