Updated Oct 19, 2012 - 4:22 pm
Cardinals return to Minnesota looking for different result
They lost the game by a score of 34-10, and it wasn't even that close.
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson scored three touchdowns -- all in the first quarter -- and the home team went into the half with a 28-3 advantage.
Needless to say, the Cardinals know the importance of getting off to a fast start Sunday. They remember what happened the last time they failed to do so at the Metrodome, though Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt says last year's loss doesn't matter save for the fact that his team must play better this time around.
"This is a different year, different team," he said. "Motivation should be that we're playing against a good football team on the road, so we've got to go in there and play well, there's no question about it."
The Vikings, though, represent a bit of a different challenge this time around. Christian Ponder is the quarterback, Adrian Peterson is recovering from injury, and Percy Harvin is the centerpiece of the team's offense.
That -- along with simply the need for a win -- should be enough to get the Cardinals fired up for this game.
Even still, this game does carry a little extra motivation for linebacker Daryl Washington, who remembers last season's loss quite well.
"It was my birthday last year, so I take it more personal than maybe the other guys," he said.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.