Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 2:03 pm
Horton on Russell Wilson: 'He is impressive'
At the beginning of the season, the undersized rookie from Wisconsin was overshadowed by fellow first-year signal callers Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. However entering Week 14, Wilson finds himself competing with them for the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
"He is impressive," Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton said of Wilson.
The Cardinals beat Wilson in the season opener, but Horton knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to do it again.
"Obviously we played him in the first game, I saw all his preseason games, saw all his regular season games and (he is) tremendous," Horton said. "Real accurate with the ball, makes a ton of plays with his feet, has command of the offense and if you didn't know he was a rookie you wouldn't think he was."
Horton feels that Wilson's mobility is one of the key reasons the former Badger is so hard to stop.
"He just trusts it more and he just makes so many plays that a less mobile quarterback wouldn't be able to make," Horton said.
This time last season, the Seahawks were 5-7 and looking at the playoff picture from a far. However this season, they are 7-5 and appear to be front runners for a wildcard spot.
According to Horton, Wilson is the reason the Seahawks have gotten so much better.
"I think it is everything. Last year they had a mobile, athletic quarterback in (Tarvaris) Jackson, but they didn't go far," Horton said. "I would put all of it on him (Wilson)."
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.