The burning question: Did the Cardinals quit?
Maybe the repeated losing during a nine-game losing streak was too much to take, and the Cardinals just took their ball and went home.
One such person is Larry Fitzgerald, Sr., father of woefully underused Cardinals wide receiver and writer for the Minneapolis Spokesman-Recorder. Fitzgerald offered up this at halftime of the Cardinals' loss on Twitter:
Pathetic performance by Arizona Cardinals.38-0 Seahawks!8-5 Cardinals loss 9 straight can't do anything right.They beat this team week 1!— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) December 9, 2012
It's a serious charge, no doubt, especially when it implicates highly-paid professional athletes. One Cardinal, defensive lineman Nick Eason, did refute the accusations on Twitter:
@decaboto says we are quitters. We didnt quit. We didnt execute and make plays. It' was our worse game ever. It was embarrassing.— Nick Eason (@njeason) December 10, 2012
Embattled head coach Ken Whisenhunt also talked about that very topic at his Monday press conference.
"It wasn't effort (Sunday)," when explaining what the issues were. "It was technique, it was gap fits and you've got to give Seattle credit, they played hard but we had more mistakes defensively than we've had this whole year and when you go against a team like that, you know you can't do that.
"In watching the tape, it wasn't effort from our guys, it was mistakes, and that's not making plays."
The 58-point loss was the worst in Cardinals' history and was also the highest single-game point output in Seattle history.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br