Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 11:47 am
The burning question: Did the Cardinals quit?
Maybe the repeated losing during a nine-game losing streak was too much to take, and the Cardinals just took their ball and went home.
One such person is Larry Fitzgerald, Sr., father of woefully underused Cardinals wide receiver and writer for the Minneapolis Spokesman-Recorder. Fitzgerald offered up this at halftime of the Cardinals' loss on Twitter:
Pathetic performance by Arizona Cardinals.38-0 Seahawks!8-5 Cardinals loss 9 straight can't do anything right.They beat this team week 1!— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) December 9, 2012
It's a serious charge, no doubt, especially when it implicates highly-paid professional athletes. One Cardinal, defensive lineman Nick Eason, did refute the accusations on Twitter:
@decaboto says we are quitters. We didnt quit. We didnt execute and make plays. It' was our worse game ever. It was embarrassing.— Nick Eason (@njeason) December 10, 2012
Embattled head coach Ken Whisenhunt also talked about that very topic at his Monday press conference.
"It wasn't effort (Sunday)," when explaining what the issues were. "It was technique, it was gap fits and you've got to give Seattle credit, they played hard but we had more mistakes defensively than we've had this whole year and when you go against a team like that, you know you can't do that.
"In watching the tape, it wasn't effort from our guys, it was mistakes, and that's not making plays."
The 58-point loss was the worst in Cardinals' history and was also the highest single-game point output in Seattle history.
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.