Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 6:57 am
Report: Bruce Arians to hire Amos Jones to be Cardinals special teams coach
This weekend, Arians reportedly added to that staff by hiring former colleague Amos Jones as the team's new special teams coordinator.
Jones, previously worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was hired by Mike Tomlin in 2007 to be the assistant special teams coach. Over the past two seasons, Jones assumed all special teams duties for the team.
Arians and Jones worked together in Pittsburgh from 2007-11, but first met as members of Bear Bryant's staff at Alabama in 1981-82.
Before being hired in 2007 by the Steelers, Jones worked extensively in college football as an assistant at Alabama, Cincinnati, James Madison, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Temple.
The Cardinals former special teams coach, Kevin Spencer, left the organization earlier this month to assume the same role with the San Diego Chargers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.