Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 6:57 am
Report: Bruce Arians to hire Amos Jones to be Cardinals special teams coach
This weekend, Arians reportedly added to that staff by hiring former colleague Amos Jones as the team's new special teams coordinator.
Jones, previously worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was hired by Mike Tomlin in 2007 to be the assistant special teams coach. Over the past two seasons, Jones assumed all special teams duties for the team.
Arians and Jones worked together in Pittsburgh from 2007-11, but first met as members of Bear Bryant's staff at Alabama in 1981-82.
Before being hired in 2007 by the Steelers, Jones worked extensively in college football as an assistant at Alabama, Cincinnati, James Madison, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Temple.
The Cardinals former special teams coach, Kevin Spencer, left the organization earlier this month to assume the same role with the San Diego Chargers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tommy Kelly happy to be wanted, with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves