Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 9:47 am
Report: Cardinals, Kevin Kolb to discuss contract this week
Kolb is set to make $9 million this season -- plus a $2 million roster bonus -- but there is no chance the team is going to give that kind of money to a guy who has played in just 15 games over the last two seasons and has yet to become the franchise quarterback the team thought he'd be.
Whether or not Kolb will be willing to restructure his contract is yet to be determined, but it appears talks to do exactly that will happen this week.
The Cardinals and Kevin Kolb's reps are expected to talk later this week, per source. His $2 M roster bonus is due on Saturday.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 11, 2013
The Cardinals have already decided to keep QB Brian Hoyer in the fold, and there is talk about them being interested in drafting a passer or possibly signing one (Drew Stanton?) in free agency. So, it's very possible that Kolb will either give up some money or give up his job with the team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.