Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 1:32 pm
Kevin Kolb on Bills offense: It's a 'breath of fresh air'
Kolb expressed his excitement for the upcoming season, pointing to his new team's offensive system as a big factor.
"Without giving away too much," Kolb told Buffalo News, "the unique style of offense that these guys run and what they bring to the picture as far as their knowledge of the game and their creativity and their ability to be open-minded, it really excited me.
"I think a lot of times in this league you have people who are set in their ways and they follow other people's leads all the time. I'm very optimistic about what we're gonna do."
The new Bills' quarterback continued, stating head coach Doug Marrone and offensive coordinator Nate Hackett's offensive philosophy is a "breath of fresh air."
In his two seasons with the Cardinals, Kolb played in 15 of 32 total games, throwing for 3,124 yards and 28 touchdowns. He suffered three major injuries as a Cardinal, starting with a turf-toe and a concussion in 2011 before his rib injury in 2012. He was also sacked 57 times in 493 drop backs in Arizona.
In 2012, former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was only sacked 30 times in 535 pass plays.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.