Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 1:32 pm
Kevin Kolb on Bills offense: It's a 'breath of fresh air'
Kolb expressed his excitement for the upcoming season, pointing to his new team's offensive system as a big factor.
"Without giving away too much," Kolb told Buffalo News, "the unique style of offense that these guys run and what they bring to the picture as far as their knowledge of the game and their creativity and their ability to be open-minded, it really excited me.
"I think a lot of times in this league you have people who are set in their ways and they follow other people's leads all the time. I'm very optimistic about what we're gonna do."
The new Bills' quarterback continued, stating head coach Doug Marrone and offensive coordinator Nate Hackett's offensive philosophy is a "breath of fresh air."
In his two seasons with the Cardinals, Kolb played in 15 of 32 total games, throwing for 3,124 yards and 28 touchdowns. He suffered three major injuries as a Cardinal, starting with a turf-toe and a concussion in 2011 before his rib injury in 2012. He was also sacked 57 times in 493 drop backs in Arizona.
In 2012, former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was only sacked 30 times in 535 pass plays.
- Bradley Sowell, offensive line bounce back for Arizona Cardinals
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?