Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 1:32 pm
Kevin Kolb on Bills offense: It's a 'breath of fresh air'
Kolb expressed his excitement for the upcoming season, pointing to his new team's offensive system as a big factor.
"Without giving away too much," Kolb told Buffalo News, "the unique style of offense that these guys run and what they bring to the picture as far as their knowledge of the game and their creativity and their ability to be open-minded, it really excited me.
"I think a lot of times in this league you have people who are set in their ways and they follow other people's leads all the time. I'm very optimistic about what we're gonna do."
The new Bills' quarterback continued, stating head coach Doug Marrone and offensive coordinator Nate Hackett's offensive philosophy is a "breath of fresh air."
In his two seasons with the Cardinals, Kolb played in 15 of 32 total games, throwing for 3,124 yards and 28 touchdowns. He suffered three major injuries as a Cardinal, starting with a turf-toe and a concussion in 2011 before his rib injury in 2012. He was also sacked 57 times in 493 drop backs in Arizona.
In 2012, former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was only sacked 30 times in 535 pass plays.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!