Now a Seahawk, former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield looks forward to facing old team
An elite pass rusher in college, Ken Whisenhunt and his staff believed the former Wisconsin Badger could regain his health and get after quarterbacks.
Three seasons in the Valley saw Schofield record 10.5 sacks, but his 2012 campaign ended early with an ankle injury. Though he participated in minicamps and OTAs, the Cardinals' new staff decided it was time for the sides to part ways.
Schofield was released by the team when it signed veteran John Abraham last week, though it did not take the 26-year-old long to find a home.
In Seattle, with the Seahawks.
"I definitely didn't think that would happen to me," Schofield told the Seattle media Tuesday. "But the fact that it did and I got picked up as soon as I did by a division (rival), it made me happy that I get a chance to see Arizona two times a year."
Schofield said he did not like the way he was let go by the Cardinals, and that combined with friends on the team will make Arizona a team he looks forward to playing.
That said, he understands that the Cards' new coaching staff wanted to remake the roster, and sometimes that spells doom for incumbents.
"They saw another way to win and they made their own changes," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals: Wins meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.