Updated Dec 3, 2013 - 8:51 am
Super Bowl Host Committee unveils XLIX logo
The logo is intended to capture the essence of Arizona, while showcasing the stadium, a desert horizon and classic football elements. The use of the orange-red color is for the close relationship the committee has with the Arizona Cardinals, who call University of Phoenix Stadium home.
Host Committee President and CEO Jay Parry stressed in the release of the logo the importance of Arizona businesses and promoted the area as a prospective place for other companies.
"We want fans and companies to come to Super Bowl XLIX and not want to leave," Parry said. "Arizona is a growing, modern state that's a very attractive location to start, expand or relocate your business. Our new logo is a key ingredient to showcasing this Arizona story to the world."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.