Updated Mar 24, 2014 - 1:19 am
The Pulse: Fans loving Cardinals signing of Antonio Cromartie
Our latest poll question asked readers what they thought of the Arizona Cardinals signing of cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who was recently released by the New York Jets.
Our readers overwhelmingly thought it was a big pickup. They had four options to choose from, and 1,460 in total opined, with 75 percent of them (1,101 votes) choosing "Great move!"
Another 22 percent of voters said, "It's OK." That means only a total of 3 percent of them didn't like the move. Two percent answered, "Not too good," while 1 percent said, "Just terrible."
Cromartie had 35 solo tackles, three interceptions and nine passes defensed in 16 games with the Jets in 2013. He has made the Pro Bowl three times, including in the last two seasons.
The 29-year-old Florida State product was primarily released because of his pricey contract; he made more than $9 million in 2013.
The Cardinals picked him up Thursday for a one-year deal reportedly worth $3.25 million, including a $500,000 bonus if he plays in all 16 games. Cromartie comes to Glendale with the chance to become the team's No. 2 cornerback opposite of Patrick Peterson.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham's statement
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.