The Pulse: John Carlson will be the Cardinals tight end with the most receptions in 2014
Our latest poll question asked readers who they thought would lead the Arizona Cardinals' tight ends in receptions for the upcoming year, with returners Rob Housler and Jake Ballard in the mix, along with newcomer John Carlson.
Carlson was the winner in a landslide, receiving 45 percent of the vote. Housler came in second with 29 percent, while Ballard -- generally not known for his pass-catching skills -- received 19 percent. Seven percent chose "other."
Carlson, who recently signed a two-year deal worth about $5 million, has caught 177 passes for 1,906 yards and 14 touchdowns over five seasons of action, though he battled concussions at the end of his tenure with the Minnesota Vikings.
Housler caught 39 passes for 454 yards and a touchdown for the Cardinals last season, though his play often left something to be desired among Cardinals fans. Ballard caught seven passes in an abbreviated stint in Arizona last season.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.