The Pulse: John Carlson will be the Cardinals tight end with the most receptions in 2014
Our latest poll question asked readers who they thought would lead the Arizona Cardinals' tight ends in receptions for the upcoming year, with returners Rob Housler and Jake Ballard in the mix, along with newcomer John Carlson.
Carlson was the winner in a landslide, receiving 45 percent of the vote. Housler came in second with 29 percent, while Ballard -- generally not known for his pass-catching skills -- received 19 percent. Seven percent chose "other."
Carlson, who recently signed a two-year deal worth about $5 million, has caught 177 passes for 1,906 yards and 14 touchdowns over five seasons of action, though he battled concussions at the end of his tenure with the Minnesota Vikings.
Housler caught 39 passes for 454 yards and a touchdown for the Cardinals last season, though his play often left something to be desired among Cardinals fans. Ballard caught seven passes in an abbreviated stint in Arizona last season.
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi