The Pulse: John Carlson will be the Cardinals tight end with the most receptions in 2014
Our latest poll question asked readers who they thought would lead the Arizona Cardinals' tight ends in receptions for the upcoming year, with returners Rob Housler and Jake Ballard in the mix, along with newcomer John Carlson.
Carlson was the winner in a landslide, receiving 45 percent of the vote. Housler came in second with 29 percent, while Ballard -- generally not known for his pass-catching skills -- received 19 percent. Seven percent chose "other."
Carlson, who recently signed a two-year deal worth about $5 million, has caught 177 passes for 1,906 yards and 14 touchdowns over five seasons of action, though he battled concussions at the end of his tenure with the Minnesota Vikings.
Housler caught 39 passes for 454 yards and a touchdown for the Cardinals last season, though his play often left something to be desired among Cardinals fans. Ballard caught seven passes in an abbreviated stint in Arizona last season.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.