Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson lands on NFL Network's Top 100 list
Of course, a lot of that talk came directly from Peterson. In May, while a guest of Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, Peterson compared himself to Seattle Seahawks All-Pro corner Richard Sherman. The comments made national headlines and spurred widespread debate -- even among the two players.
Well, NFL Network has spoken on the subject -- sort of.
In their annual list of the Top 10 players in the league, the network has placed Peterson at No. 22, up 11 spots from last year's ranking.
Peterson was the sixth cornerback on the list, joining Miami's Brent Grimes (95), Denver's Aqib Talib (79), Chicago's Tim Jennings (74), Cleveland's Joe Haden (39) and New England's Darrelle Revis (37).
In Peterson's NFL Network highlight video, several NFL players commented on the fourth-year Cardinal's attributes.
"Patrick Peterson, every team he plays against, he takes on that challenge of going at their number-one receiver," Talib said. "I love how Richard Sherman plays, but Richard Sherman stays on the left side. He don't take on the challenge of guarding the other team's best receiver."
Atlanta wide receiver Roddy White chimed in as well.
"Phenomenal athlete," he gushed. "Patrick Peterson is 215 pounds, he's six-foot, he runs a 4.3 and has a 40-inch vertical. That's like wide receiver numbers at cornerback."
Peterson was the third Cardinal to land on the list. Suspended linebacker Daryl Washington was ranked 96th, while wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald came in at number 38.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.