Updated Dec 29, 2011 - 10:40 am
Suns sign Michael Redd
Redd, 32, is an 11-year NBA veteran who has spent his entire career with the Milwaukee Bucks. Redd's career scoring average is 20.0, and averaged a career-high 26.7 points per game in 2006-07.
"Michael Redd has a proven pedigree as a first-rate NBA scorer," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "He will work with our renowned training staff to get into basketball shape. When he is ready to play, Michael will be a welcome addition to our team."
The Ohio State product has also had a long history with knee injuries. In fact, he's torn both the ACL and MCL in his left knee twice.
He's played in just 61 games in the last three seasons while dealing with his knee injuries.
In 2008, Redd represented the United States at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, averaging 3.0 per game off the bench for the gold medal-winning squad.
The Suns are hoping that Redd, a feared outside shooter, can help a struggling offense that has averaged just 84 points per game in their first two games of the season.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.