Updated Dec 29, 2011 - 10:40 am
Suns sign Michael Redd
Redd, 32, is an 11-year NBA veteran who has spent his entire career with the Milwaukee Bucks. Redd's career scoring average is 20.0, and averaged a career-high 26.7 points per game in 2006-07.
"Michael Redd has a proven pedigree as a first-rate NBA scorer," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "He will work with our renowned training staff to get into basketball shape. When he is ready to play, Michael will be a welcome addition to our team."
The Ohio State product has also had a long history with knee injuries. In fact, he's torn both the ACL and MCL in his left knee twice.
He's played in just 61 games in the last three seasons while dealing with his knee injuries.
In 2008, Redd represented the United States at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, averaging 3.0 per game off the bench for the gold medal-winning squad.
The Suns are hoping that Redd, a feared outside shooter, can help a struggling offense that has averaged just 84 points per game in their first two games of the season.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso