Updated Dec 29, 2011 - 10:40 am
Suns sign Michael Redd
Redd, 32, is an 11-year NBA veteran who has spent his entire career with the Milwaukee Bucks. Redd's career scoring average is 20.0, and averaged a career-high 26.7 points per game in 2006-07.
"Michael Redd has a proven pedigree as a first-rate NBA scorer," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "He will work with our renowned training staff to get into basketball shape. When he is ready to play, Michael will be a welcome addition to our team."
The Ohio State product has also had a long history with knee injuries. In fact, he's torn both the ACL and MCL in his left knee twice.
He's played in just 61 games in the last three seasons while dealing with his knee injuries.
In 2008, Redd represented the United States at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, averaging 3.0 per game off the bench for the gold medal-winning squad.
The Suns are hoping that Redd, a feared outside shooter, can help a struggling offense that has averaged just 84 points per game in their first two games of the season.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.