Updated May 29, 2012 - 5:30 pm
Odds against Suns improving 2012 Draft position
"If we get that (number-one overall pick) I might have to act a little bit silly then," said Mark West, the former Suns center.
West, now the team's Vice President of Player Programs, will represent the Suns when the NBA holds its draft lottery Wednesday.
"You don't really want to be in the lottery," said West before he left for New York, "even though you know if you (win) you hopefully get a chance to improve your team."
The Suns chances at improving from their current draft spot at #13 are slim to say the least.
According to the odds posted on mynbadraft.com, the Suns have a 2.2% chance of moving into the Top 3 and only a 0.6% chance of landing the number-one overall pick.
The Charlotte Bobcats have the best odds at 25%.
"It's not something that you can have this big preparation for as far as if I do A, B, C and D I'll have a better chance of advancing in the lottery pool. You just kind of sit there and hope for the best."
West is making his second straight draft lottery appearance for the Suns, who missed the playoffs for the third time in four years.
"They make you up so the lights aren't blaring off your forehead," he said of his experience a year ago.
West did not plan on bringing any good luck charms with him. He is, however, bringing what he hopes is some good luck clothing.
"Just wear anything that I have that's been lucky for me in the past. Unfortunately, I can't wear that uniform where we beat Seattle and we got to the NBA Finals (in 1993).
"I'll have to go with a suit...tie my shoes: right foot first, left foot second. See if all of those things that helped me in the past as far as being superstitious...will help me moving forward. Throw in a few prayers here and there too."
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.