Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 5:07 pm
Alvin Gentry responds to Marcin Gortat interview
"I'm glad he did," Gentry said of Gortat's remarks. However, Gentry wasn't quick to defend the "Polish Machine," claiming that the Suns "try to throw him the ball and we will try to give him the ball as much as we possibly can."
In the interview, Gortat described being one-on-one with his back to the basket as one of his "strongest variants."
"We would love to be able to throw him the ball, have him post up and score for us, but that hadn't been one of his strengths really," Gentry said.
Instead, Gentry wants to continue to use Gortat in the same ways that made him successful last season.
"Screen and rolling to the basket, athletic enough that he can get defensive rebounds, running in the open court like he did last year," Gentry said. "Nothing's changed from last year."
Gortat is averaging 11 points per game and averaging 9.3 field goal attemps per game this season, both of which are fewer than last year's averages.
- The Pulse: Fans not sure how Isaiah Thomas fits with Suns
- Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
- Phoenix Suns rookie T.J. Warren shines in first Summer League outing
- ESPN Insider gives Suns B+ for Isaiah Thomas trade
- Kings color commentator Fat Lever: Phoenix 'is a perfect fit' for Isaiah Thomas
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron James’ return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron James’ return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?