Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 5:07 pm
Alvin Gentry responds to Marcin Gortat interview
"I'm glad he did," Gentry said of Gortat's remarks. However, Gentry wasn't quick to defend the "Polish Machine," claiming that the Suns "try to throw him the ball and we will try to give him the ball as much as we possibly can."
In the interview, Gortat described being one-on-one with his back to the basket as one of his "strongest variants."
"We would love to be able to throw him the ball, have him post up and score for us, but that hadn't been one of his strengths really," Gentry said.
Instead, Gentry wants to continue to use Gortat in the same ways that made him successful last season.
"Screen and rolling to the basket, athletic enough that he can get defensive rebounds, running in the open court like he did last year," Gentry said. "Nothing's changed from last year."
Gortat is averaging 11 points per game and averaging 9.3 field goal attemps per game this season, both of which are fewer than last year's averages.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.