Report: Marcin Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
Over the last three games, he's managed to score just 2, 6 and 4 points and two of those games came against an Oklahoma City team that potentially may have been one of his biggest suitors. He also hasn't been the defensive force or shot-blocker that he was at the start of the season.
The 29-year-old has averaged 11.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game this season.
Since the Suns' misfortunes this year have forced them to turn their attention to rebuilding for next season, Gortat was thought to be expendable.
But, the Suns may opt to keep Gortat if they are unable to find a deal to their liking.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM