Report: Marcin Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
Over the last three games, he's managed to score just 2, 6 and 4 points and two of those games came against an Oklahoma City team that potentially may have been one of his biggest suitors. He also hasn't been the defensive force or shot-blocker that he was at the start of the season.
The 29-year-old has averaged 11.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game this season.
Since the Suns' misfortunes this year have forced them to turn their attention to rebuilding for next season, Gortat was thought to be expendable.
But, the Suns may opt to keep Gortat if they are unable to find a deal to their liking.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.