Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 9:32 am
Report: Phoenix Suns could be involved in Josh Smith sweepstakes
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
One more: In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
Smith can become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and desires a max contract, making him an attractive trade candidate for the Hawks at the deadline.
The 27-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 9.6 rebounds last season, both of which were career-highs.
Smith is currently the Hawks' leading scorer, averaging 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds this season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns 2014 Postseason Prospects: The Western Conference Race
- Bledsoe, stingy defense carry Suns to ugly win over Celtics: By the Numbers
- Suns' Babby: No matter how season ends, it has been a wild success
- Phoenix Suns lack 'sense of urgency' and are playing their worst defense of the year
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe responds well to first game, may start at Boston
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- The DISH - March 14, 2014 - Friday March 14Jon Bloom gives you This Day in Suns History
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 13Lon Babby discusses the Suns' playoff push with 18 games to go.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 13Who is the heart and soul of the Suns?
- David Griffin, Cleveland Cavaliers interim GM - Wednesday March 12David Griffin discusses the surprising season the Phoenix Suns are enjoying.