Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 9:32 am
Report: Phoenix Suns could be involved in Josh Smith sweepstakes
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
One more: In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
Smith can become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and desires a max contract, making him an attractive trade candidate for the Hawks at the deadline.
The 27-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 9.6 rebounds last season, both of which were career-highs.
Smith is currently the Hawks' leading scorer, averaging 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds this season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- 'Bad timing' puts Suns center Alex Len on the shelf, again
- Warren requires stitches, but short-handed Suns overcome Bucks late
- The Pulse: Fans not sure how Isaiah Thomas fits with Suns
- Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
- Phoenix Suns rookie T.J. Warren shines in first Summer League outing
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron James’ return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron James’ return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?