Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:05 pm
Suns' Hornacek preparing to coach summer league
Phoenix Suns' first-year head coach Jeff Hornacek is ready to get his feet wet in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, beginning Saturday.
Hornacek, who will be coaching the games for the Suns, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Wednesday that preparation for the tournament has gone smoothly.
"It's been great," Hornacek said. "We've had three practices so far with the guys and just trying to put some of our early offense in, some of those things. Markieff and Marcus [Morris] are here, Kendall [Marshall], Diante [Garrett] P.J. [Tucker]. So it's great to get going with some of the stuff we'll be using in the regular season."
Hornacek said he's excited to see how his players perform once they see game action.
"These guys have worked tremendously hard these three practices, which I am encouraged by," Hornacek stated. "So it's great to get at it. We have two more days of this and then we finally get to play a few games so I think they're all looking forward to it."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.