Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:05 pm
Suns' Hornacek preparing to coach summer league
Phoenix Suns' first-year head coach Jeff Hornacek is ready to get his feet wet in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, beginning Saturday.
Hornacek, who will be coaching the games for the Suns, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Wednesday that preparation for the tournament has gone smoothly.
"It's been great," Hornacek said. "We've had three practices so far with the guys and just trying to put some of our early offense in, some of those things. Markieff and Marcus [Morris] are here, Kendall [Marshall], Diante [Garrett] P.J. [Tucker]. So it's great to get going with some of the stuff we'll be using in the regular season."
Hornacek said he's excited to see how his players perform once they see game action.
"These guys have worked tremendously hard these three practices, which I am encouraged by," Hornacek stated. "So it's great to get at it. We have two more days of this and then we finally get to play a few games so I think they're all looking forward to it."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org