Suns lose big lead, fall to Spurs: By The Numbers
They ended it like one that was projected to win fewer than 25 games.
Despite racing out to a 21-point lead in the first quarter against the Tim Duncan- and Manu Ginobili-less Spurs, Phoenix faltered down the stretch en route to a 112-104 road loss in a game that could be pivotal in the playoff standings, though it played without star guard Goran Dragic.
Here's a closer look at the loss, by the numbers:
Suns guard Eric Bledsoe finished with 30 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists -- one assist away from his first career triple-double. Bledsoe did his damage without backcourt mate Goran Dragic, who sat with a sprained ankle.
Phoenix's 37 first-quarter points came within three of matching the most San Antonio has allowed in an opening quarter this season.
Bledsoe's 11 rebounds were a team high, with center Miles Plumlee's nine the only one that matched him. No other Phoenix player grabbed more than three boards, with the exception of P.J. Tucker's five.
The Suns assisted on just 18 of their 39 made field goals -- a major byproduct of Dragic's absense.
The Suns dominated the first quarter on their way to a 21-point lead -- one that was wiped away by the end of the third quarter.
San Antonio guard Danny Green racked up a career-high 33 points on 12-of-17 shooting, including 7-of-10 from 3-point range.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.