ESPN's Katz: Phoenix Suns don't need to take on three young contracts
The team's first selection in the 2014 NBA draft comes at No. 14, with additional picks at No. 18 and No. 27, though they may not want to stockpile the roster with inexperienced players.
"They were in the preseason looked at as one of those teams that you wonder whether they were going to tank or not," ESPN college basketball insider Andy Katz said Wednesday on the Doug and Wolf show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "They're on the upswing and they don't necessarily need to take on three young contracts."
With that in mind, the Suns may use these picks in a trade, which Suns general manager Ryan McDonough hinted at when he said it's "unlikely" the team would add three rookies to the roster.
"I wouldn't be surprised if they can make a move to add another veteran to help them get over the top and just win a couple more games to be in the playoffs," Katz said.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.