Report: Steve Kerr, Alvin Gentry to be reunited in Golden State
In parts of five seasons, Gentry was 158-144 (.523) while at the helm in Phoenix, reaching the Western Conference finals in 2009. Gentry began his Suns tenure in Phoenix as an assistant in 2003 after being fired as the head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers in February of 2003.
Kerr won five NBA championships in his playing career and was a broadcast analyst for TNT after he retired. But he ditched the broadcast booth to become president and general manager of the Suns in 2007.
Gentry, meanwhile, then stepped in to the head coaching role following Kerr's termination of previous head coach Terry Porter in February 2009.
Kerr stepped down from his role with the Suns after the 2009-10 season and Gentry remained coach of the team until midway through the 2013 season, when he mutually parted ways with the organization.
Gentry spent last season with the Clippers -- his third stint with the team -- as associate head coach under Coach Doc Rivers.
With the Warriors, Gentry has reportedly signed a three-year contract that nearly doubles the contract he had with the Clippers. This comes on the heels of Golden State signing Kerr last month to a five-year, $25-million deal.
Justin Janssen contributed to this report
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.