Updated Mar 2, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Rangers knock around Diamondbacks, Wade Miley
Once Miley exited, Randall Delgado took the mound for two innings. He gave up a run on three hits and now in two appearances is sporting a 15.00 ERA (five earned runs in three innings). Delgado is in the mix, along with Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin, for the fifth starter's spot in the rotation.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks collected nine hits -- two each by Paul Goldschmidt and Matt Davidson, who singled home the team's lone run in the bottom of the eighth. Goldschmidt is hitting .455 (5-for-11) in six games.
Aaron Hill was scratched from the starting lineup because of a tight left quad. "He's fine," manager Kirk Gibson said. "We ran the bases today. He took a lot of ground balls, made a comment to somebody on the training staff. I'm not going to fool around with it. There's no reason to do that."
He Said It:
"It didn't go great," Miley said. "I felt good though so I was kind of happy about that. Just getting back out there facing some hitters again, felt like the ball was coming out of my hand good. I wasn't locating the fastball; breaking stuff was okay. It's something to build off, definitely. "
Coming Up Next:
The Diamondbacks (4-4-1) play at the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants in Scottsdale Sunday, March 3. Josh Collmenter is the scheduled starter. Other pitchers expected to throw include David Holmberg, Eddie Bonine, Warner Madrigal, Eric Smith and Eury De la Rosa.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.