Updated Mar 2, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Rangers knock around Diamondbacks, Wade Miley
Once Miley exited, Randall Delgado took the mound for two innings. He gave up a run on three hits and now in two appearances is sporting a 15.00 ERA (five earned runs in three innings). Delgado is in the mix, along with Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin, for the fifth starter's spot in the rotation.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks collected nine hits -- two each by Paul Goldschmidt and Matt Davidson, who singled home the team's lone run in the bottom of the eighth. Goldschmidt is hitting .455 (5-for-11) in six games.
Aaron Hill was scratched from the starting lineup because of a tight left quad. "He's fine," manager Kirk Gibson said. "We ran the bases today. He took a lot of ground balls, made a comment to somebody on the training staff. I'm not going to fool around with it. There's no reason to do that."
He Said It:
"It didn't go great," Miley said. "I felt good though so I was kind of happy about that. Just getting back out there facing some hitters again, felt like the ball was coming out of my hand good. I wasn't locating the fastball; breaking stuff was okay. It's something to build off, definitely. "
Coming Up Next:
The Diamondbacks (4-4-1) play at the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants in Scottsdale Sunday, March 3. Josh Collmenter is the scheduled starter. Other pitchers expected to throw include David Holmberg, Eddie Bonine, Warner Madrigal, Eric Smith and Eury De la Rosa.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?